For me, capes are the epitome of fall/winter. There truly is nothing cozier than a cape. They may be a few fashion seasons ago but I am still loving them. Other than their cozy vibes, keeping you warm and looking downright adorable there are so many other benefits to the cape. Here are a few…
- They go with everything: Whether its’ skinny jeans, dresses or just donning your pj’s underneath for a late night supermarket haul -capes go with pretty much anything. Dress them up with a belt and fedora for a day exploring the city or throw it on over jeans and a tee for an evening around the bonfire, they work for everything.
- Feel stylish: I don’t know what it is but when I have a cape casually draped over my shoulders I just feel more stylish and chic, like Meryl Streep in the Devil Wears Prada.
- Hides the food baby: Any piece of clothing that succeeds in making you feel chic and ‘put-together’ whilst simultaneously hiding that food baby is a worthwhile investment -and an essential in every girl’s closet.
- It’s like wearing a blanket in public: As a frequent ‘public-pyjama-wearer’, I’m all for wearing blankets out in public. The person who invented the cape made this possible, and the person who set this trend again -made it socially acceptable to rock a blanket out in the high street.
- Your basically a superhero: It’s true when wearing a cape I instantly feel like a superhero ready to save the day (-then I look down and realize I’m a chronically-ill person, out in my pajamas). It also brings back nostalgic memories of dressing like a witch at Halloween or watching Disney princes swoop in to save the princess. An item of clothing can conjure all those thoughts and feels, pretty powerful huh?